Built by the Knights Templar as their English headquarters
The Knights Templar were once very powerful in England, with the Master of the Temple sitting in parliament as primus baro. Naturally, they needed a headquarter to convey this sense of power, so they built the Temple Church, consecrated in 1185 by Heraclius, Patriarch of Jerusalem.
Today, the Temple Church attracts visitors interested in its history, but also visitors who like organ music. The church features two organs: a chamber organ built by Robin Jennings in 2001, and a four manual Harrison & Harrison organ.